Enjoy these Tram Sunday 2017 photos and video clips. It’s the amazing Fleetwood Festival of Transport, featuring SpareParts Festival.
It’s the annual, free day of fun for all the family. With different kinds of vehicles, Blackpool Trams, side stalls, entertainment, music and a fabulous day out – made even better by clear blue skies and sunshine.
The SpareParts Arts Festival was back for the third time – with street theatre, arts and the magnificent SpareParts Parade.
Tram Sunday 2017 – Highlights Videos
Watch the SpareParts Parade at 3pm in this clip below –
If you’ve never been to Tram Sunday it’s quite a sight! The whole of Fleetwood is transformed into a festival event from end to end.
Watch the Flintsones car travel along Lord Street in this clip – it was just one of the weird and wacky sights to see!
Here’s a clip of Folkus (below) performing during the day. Just one of the many groups and entertainers making a brilliant, happy atmosphere, for a great day out.
Tram Sunday started in 1985 to mark the Centenary of Blackpool Tramway. The year after was the 150th anniversary of Fleetwood, so what was intended to be a one-off event became an annual tradition – and the rest is history.
Tram Sunday 2017 Photos
Have a look at these great photos of Fleetwood Festival of Transport and SpareParts Festival – in no particular order!
Did you know…
Before the big day even takes place aswell as on the day itself, the Tram Sunday team run a whole series of community engagement workshops and events, getting people from all over Fleetwood ready for taking part in this annual extravaganza.
Between the team in the 6 weeks before the event, they delivered:
- Over 40 different arts activity sessions across Fleetwood
- To a total of 3,200 participants
- From ages 5-93 years
- Engaging over 50 artists – most of whom are from this area
- space costume creation with local children
- attendance at 5 local primary schools’ assemblies
- local children being inspired by older communities’ stories to create new designs
- creative development sessions for local group leaders and makers
- creation of a new dance piece inspired by a day in the life of a paramedic
- large scale parade decorations for mobility scooters
- emerging artist and young people’s contributions to a free-running theatre performance
- decoration of a small troop of steam punk bikers
- engagement with a future without arts by the public on the trams and at Fleetwood carnival
- development of a brand new junk band in just one day
- children taking part in arts award adventures on the day of the festival
Fleetwood Tram Sunday 2017 Photos of SpareParts Arts Parade
The SpareParts Arts Parade entertained the crowds. It began at Euston Gardens, winding its way along the main streets of Fleetwood town centre to end at Memorial Park.
Find out More
Have a look at the Visit Fleetwood website homepage for more of the latest updates.
If you love the Fylde Coast you ought to sign up for our weekly email newsletter. It’s packed full of interesting things and will arrive in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.
Join us on Facebook at our Visit Fylde Coast Facebook Group
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast