Fleetwood is a lovely place and it’s popular with local people and visitors. With this page, find out where where to find parking in Fleetwood – both on-street and in car parks.
Parking in Fleetwood
Fleetwood is probably one of the easiest places to find a parking space to pop-in while you run your errands.
There’s quite a lot of free on-street parking all over Fleetwood. You’ll find it in the town centre and along the seafront. Or, for convenience, you could use one of the pay and display car parks in the town centre.
Free parking in Fleetwood Town Centre
There are free on street parking bays along the main shopping streets of Lord Street and Poulton Road. The majority of the adjoining side streets are also free of parking restrictions. Pull into a convenient space while you pop into one of the town centre shops. It makes running errands quick and easy.
Free Parking on Fleetwood Seafront
Fleetwood is one of a few places in the UK where you can park for free right against the seafront to enjoy the view. Most other seaside towns charge for the privilege.
There’s free parking without restriction along most of the seafront at Fleetwood. Enjoy a while in the parking bays at The Esplanade at Ferry Beach, near to the Lower Lighthouse/North Euston Hotel – featured in the first photo on this page. Park your car pointing at the sea and enjoy the beautiful view – whatever the weather.
Find the free car parks on Fleetwood seafront
- There’s a free car park for patrons at the Marine Hall and YMCA.
- Close by the Marine Hall at Marine Beach but accessed from Promenade Road (opposite The Mount Hotel) is a free sunken* car park next to the Kite Club.
- A little further south along The Esplanade is another free, sunken* seafront car park. The access road is adjacent to the boating lake, opposite Dronsfield Road.
*sunken means that they’re below the level of the surrounding land and not immediately visible.
- Continue travelling around the peninsula with the sea on your right. You’ll arrive at Fleetwood Sea Cadet Base. There’s another free car park here, serving Rossall Observation Tower and the seafront.
- At Westway there’s yet another, adjacent to the new Rossall Sea Defences, near Rossall School
Free Parking at Affinity Lancashire
There is extensive free parking for shoppers at the Affinity Lancashire shopping outlet. You can stay all day as there’s no time restriction during store opening hours.
Pay and Display Parking
There are a number of Pay and Display car parks in and around the town centre, all in quite close walking distance to the main areas of promenade, market and shops.
These are both long stay car parks, operated by Wyre Council
- Albert Street
- Custom House Lane
Residents Parking Permit
Fleetwood is in the borough of Wyre. If you are a resident you might wish to purchase a residents parking permit. It entitles you to park for a period of time each day, free of charge. They can be used in nominated Wyre Council pay and display car parks all over Wyre. They are well worth buying.
Apply for your badge at wyre.gov.uk or call into reception at the Civic Centre.
Parking for Tram Sunday
Tram Sunday, or Fleetwood Festival of Transport as it’s officially known, attracts many tens of thousands of people each year.
If you’re coming to the event by car and are looking for somewhere to park, there’s more information to help you here.
- Need help with travel to the Fylde Coast? There’s even some tips on dealing with travel sickness!
- Looking for tips on getting to Fleetwood? We can help you with that too – take a look here.
While you’re here…
What do you think? Why don’t you join in and leave a comment below?
Have a look at the homepage of the Visit Fleetwood website for more of the latest updates.
Love the Fylde Coast? Sign up for your weekly email newsletter. It’s packed full of interesting things and will arrive in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.
Join us on Facebook at our Visit Fylde Coast Facebook Group
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast